Note: Read through the General Guidelines first.
GOREFEST: The title says it all. We at The Evil Cookie Publishing prefer our horror with a heavy hitting dosage of gore and carnage. First, we gave you BREWTALITY, then BLUDGEON TOOLS. There’s no better way to celebrate our first year of publishing horror than with a festival of gore. THIS IS AN OPEN THEMED ANTHOLOGY.
SUBMISSION CALL DETAILS:
- Short story MAX 3,000 word count.
- No reprints
- No simultaneous subs
- No multiple subs
- Nothing involving children (not even implied) or religious plots
- Payment: 3 cents per word + 1 paperback contributor copy
- Manuscripts: 12pt font, double-spaced and as .DOC or .DOCX
- Do not send story in body of email.
- Responses usually within a month, but could be longer depending on size of sub pile.
- Send stories to: email@example.com
- Subject line: Gore Sub: (story title) by (author name)
- Include brief bio, if I don’t already know you, just to break the ice.
- OPENS: February 1, 2021
- DEADLINE: March 1, 2021